Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kelsey's First Surgery

With all the emotions of young parents - fear, anxiety, hope - John and Lisa handed their baby into the arms of the cardiac surgical team at Boston Children’s Hospital on April 5, 2010, the day after Easter. After nearly eight hours in surgery, the news following her operation was not the news any parent would want to hear. New words were used; "complicated, tricky, and unique." Kelsey would need more surgery and she wasn't going to survive without it. The doctors, with compassion, urged Lisa and John to take their baby home and "enjoy her for a week." However, she never got to go home. No balloons or welcome home signs. Eight hours after being told she could go home, Kelsey lay limp in her father’s arms straining to breathe. She was transferred to the ICU in pulmonary edema.

2 comments:

  1. You have touched my heart little girl!...Ive only been aware of you for a few days now and have thought of you many times! and will continue to follow you thru to your recovery!!!. I truely admire your strenght, courage , for what you have been throught ,yet you have some of the greatest smiles and expressions I have ever seen in my life.You make me smile and are a great inspiration to me and many others,Im sure!! You are amazing and a true angel.Get better very soon Little Angel Eyes!!!.../.Please, Please heal this little girl! IN THE NAME OF JESUS! My prayers are with you and your family!...Hi Lisa and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and Kisses to Princess Kelsey! I love you and miss you so much. We will be there very soon for Christmas and I can't wait to hold you!! You are such a precious girl and such a fighter!! We love you! Jacob misses you so much and talks about you all the time. He wanted me to tell you that you are so sweet. Love, Auntie Joni xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete